1. Terrible cleaning service. We left $20 for the room cleaners every day from the first day of our stay (because we have a young child and wanted it to be very clean), but the cleaning got worse and worse. Not to mention, we checked into a room with sand on the floor. The broken drain in the bathroom wasn't fixed even after several calls and visits to the reception.
2. The rooms are either very old or poorly constructed. Everything is shaky and falling apart. The mattress is simply "alive"; if two people sleep in the bed, you'll bounce every time the other person turns over.
3. There are no elevators in the buildings, so if you have a small child, don't accept the 3rd floor. It'll be tough for you.
4. The service is a whole other story... In the restaurant, they don't care about you. Nobody will ask if you want something to drink with your dinner. We also went to the paid Italian à la carte restaurant, after which we all got food poisoning. We were severely sick with high temperatures and all the symptoms. Did anyone from the hotel apologize? No one! I repeat, they don't care about you at all.
5. The food in the restaurant is not tasty! I've been to various hotels, from 3-star to 5-star, but I've never had such tasteless food. The selection is very limited. Breakfasts are terrible. Nobody will make an omelet to your liking. In summary, the hotel doesn't live up to its claimed 5 stars at all. Paying 4,000 euros for 9 days, we expected some basic respect.